Punjab National Bank (PNB) is a multinational bank having an Indian origin which has been providing financial services for over a century. The bank was founded in the year 1894, is a state-owned corporation based in the capital of the country –New Delhi. The bank operates through a strong network of more than 6300 branches and 7900 ATM spread over 764 cities across the country serving more than 80 million satisfied customers.
Punjab National Bank (PNB) along with SBI, ICICI, BOB is one of the “Big Four Banks” in India. The bank ranks as the third largest bank in terms of the assets owned by the bank. The bank bagged IBA Banking technology awards in the year 2015 and also has been graded as the 248 largest bank in the world by Bankers' Almanac. Punjab National Bank also has its branches internationally along with its banking subsidiary in UK which is known as PNB International Bank – having 7 branches in UK; whereas the international branches are located in Hong Kong, Dubai, Kowloon and Kabul. The bank operates its representative offices in Sydney in Australia, Dubai in UAE, Almaty in Kazakhstan, Shanghai in China, and Oslo in Norway. Even in Bhutan the bank owns Drug PNB Bank having a ownership of 51 % in the bank along with 5 branches. In Nepal the bank owns 20% of Everest Bank Limited which has around 50 branches in Nepal. PNB owns 84% of JSC (SB) PNB bank in Kazakhstan which further has 4 branches in the country.
Loan Products of the bank includes
• Housing loan scheme which is PNB flexible housing loan scheme – private builders approved project on PAN India Basis.
• Car Finance – Retail Tie- up
Education Loans include
"PNB Saraswati" which is an education loan scheme for availing education loan in India
"PNB Pratibha” which is an education loan scheme for availing education in the premier institutes in India
"PNB Udaan" which is an education loan scheme for availing higher studies in abroad
"PNB Kaushal" which is a loan scheme for availing Skill Development Courses.
"PNB Honhaar" a tailor made scheme for availing education in the capital –Delhi
"Concessional Education Loans" for people with disabilities (PwD)
"Padho Pardesh" which is a specialized loan scheme for encouraging and giving opportunity to students from minority communities.
Two wheeler Loans
"PNB Saarthi” which is a Two wheeler loan Scheme
"PNB Power Ride” which is a two wheeler loan scheme specially designed for women borrowers
• Loan against Property which is a loan scheme where you can avail loan against your property (Residential/ Commercial / Plots, etc)
• Personal loan schemes to meet the immediate financial requirements such as weddings, vacations, travelling, or any other urgent situation etc.
• Personal Loan Scheme for Pensioners is a loan scheme designed for the customers who are drawing pension and need a financial assistance.
• PNB Bhagbhan which is a reverse mortgage scheme for senior citizens
• Gold Loan which is a loan that can be availed against your gold or jewellery
• MSME loans include
• Term Loan
•Working capital loan
"Pardhan Mantri Mudra Yojna"
• Agriculture Loans – for financing dairy farming, setting up bio gas units, carrying out irrigation activities, piggery development, sericulture, apiculture (also known as bee-keeping), sheep farming, for setting up Solar energy harnessing units, spawn production, mushroom cultivation, setting up of clinics and agribusiness set-ups, development of horticulture, setting up green-house, purchase of agriculture equipments – harvesters, tractors, second hand equipments and tractors, etc.
• Corporate Loans which includes loan against future lease rentals.
• Professional Loans – for doctors, architects, CA and CS