Federal Bank was established in the pre-independence period of the Indian history under the leadership of Mr.K.P.Hormis. The bank was then known as the Travancore Federal Bank. The bank was named as Federal Bank Limited officially in the year 1947. With its headquarters in Aluva in Kerala, the bank ranks as one of the major Indian commercial banks in the private sector. As on 19 October, 2015, the bank has been recorded to operate through a well spread network of 1251 number of branches and 1526 ATM's.
Credit Rating of Federal Bank’s Deposits & Debt Instruments
• Short term deposits: P1+ by CRISIL
• Certificate of Deposit: P1+ by CRISIL
• Long term debt: AA by CARE
• Long term debt - AA – (ind) by FITCH
Over a period of time the bank has been providing its customers an exquisite banking experience with latest technology update and secured banking solutions. The bank launched V Connect – which is a video conference facility that enables customers to interact with Relationship Managers at Federal Bank to avail financial solution from anywhere across the globe to give its customers personalized experience. Federal Bank collaborated with Start-up Village in Kerala and Mob Me wireless and has launched India's first focused Fin Techs Accelerator Programme, which is one of its kind programme that is aimed at speeding up technological innovations in the field of finance. Federal Bank and SBI Card collaborated to launch Federal Bank-SBI co-branded credit cards. The bank has introduced banking services based on Missed call for recharging mobile and facilitating fund transfers for the convenience of its customers.
Federal Bank has won three awards as enlisted as under
• Skoch Smart Technology Award 2015 for Fed Book Selfie
• Banking Frontiers Inspiring Work-Place Award in the category ‘Best HR and Talent Practice' among Private sector Banks
• ET Best Corporate Brand 2016 Award.
• Gold Loan – to en cash the hidden value of your gold, these loans can be availed by NRIs
• Housing Loan – to purchase your dream home, these loans can be availed by NRIs
• Property Loan – En cash the value of your property at the hour of need.
• Car Loan – to ride home your dream car, these loans can be availed by NRIs
• Travel Loans – tailor made for your vacations, while you pack your back the bank takes care of the funds
• Cash Loans – for quick disbursal of cash
• Instant Digital Loans – to avail loan against your fixed deposits, recurring deposits instantly
Education Loans – to avail Education loans or Career Loans for a better future
• Personal Loans – for immediate financial needs
• Loans for Senior Citizens
• SME –Business Loan – for setting up or expansion of your business.